Home / Responsible Lending
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to acting fairly, reasonably and responsibly in all our dealings with you.
The way that we lend money is a key part our commitment and the below provides details about what you can expect from us and what we ask of you in return.
What you can expect from us as a responsible lender:
- We make it clear to you that this type of loan should only be used for short-term financial needs and that it is not appropriate for long-term borrowing or if you are in financial difficulties.
- We will not pressurise you to enter into any loan agreement or to extend (‘roll over’) the term of your existing loan agreement.
- Our products are competitively priced, give you flexibility over the term and allow you to repay early should you wish.
- We provide clear information on the cost of your borrowing, interest charges and our terms and conditions.
- We will give you reasonable notice of any changes in our terms & conditions, pricing or other charges.
- Before providing credit we assess your suitability for the loan and your ability to make regular payments and repay the loan using a number of different credit assessment techniques. Where appropriate
we will limit the amount that you can borrow to ensure that you do not become overstretched.
- We will explain how we will communicate with you during the term of the loan, how payments will be deducted from your bank account and how you can contact us.
- We may share credit data with other lenders, both to improve the quality of our decisions and to reduce the risk of you becoming over-committed.
- Your personal information will be treated confidentially and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- When you repay your loan we will provide you with a statement showing the total amount that you have repaid.
- We will handle any queries or complaints you may have in accordance with our Complaints Procedure and ensure these are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- We deal with cases of financial difficulty sympathetically and positively, we do what we can to help you manage what you owe.
- We will tell you about free and independent debt-counselling organisations who can also help you.
We ask that you:
- Be realistic about how much you want to borrow and how much you can afford to repay.
- Provide accurate and complete information on your application.
- Let us know as soon as possible if your personal circumstances have changed and/or if you expect to face payment difficulty in the future, or if you are having difficulties in managing your monthly payments
so that we can try to provide some assistance.
- Read any communications from us and make sure that you understand the content. If you don’t understand any aspect get in touch with us so that we can help.